Choosing the best WordPress Hosting Provider can be a difficult task with all the hosting providers out there today. So many of them offer so many different things and some of the things they offer, you may not even know what they mean.
This is why we have put together a list of 3 things you can do to make this an easier process for you.
- Choose Between WordPress Managed Hosting Vs. Shared Hosting
Managed Hosting vs Shared Hosting is the first thing that would be a good idea to look at. When you have a provider who is offering Shared Hosting Services, this simply put, means that you will share space with other users across the globe who have that same hosting package. Just from that alone, you can see where the troubles ahead would lay. This could potentially harm your website by causing slow website speeds, which would definitely scare visitors away.
If you plan on having high traffic to your website then, of course, this would not be the best option. Plenty tend to go this route for cost reasons which can be understandable to a certain degree. We’ve all heard the saying “You get what you pay for”. This is definitely the case with this type of hosting service. Its almost always better to go for the service that may cost a bit more but will do exactly what you need it to do.
Well, what would be the reasons for using Shared Hosting you may ask? Let’s discuss a few reasons on why Shared Hosting my actually be beneficial for you and your business.
This would be a great option for small business owners or entrepreneurs who have small websites that may be used to display information about them or their business. This would also be a good option for a site that you make as just a hobby. These sites typically will not require tons of space and would give you the opportunity to play around with building sites at no extra cost vs a managed hosting account in which you are limited to the number of sites that you create.
Managed WordPress Hosting, on the other hand, takes a lot of weight off of your shoulders. It can be considered a type of SERVICE more so than a type of Hosting Plan. There can be a few benefits from choosing this type of service so let’s take a look at a few of those :
- WordPress Updates are done automatically for you. No need to log back into your site to make sure WordPress is up-to-date as this is done once updates are released.
- Backups are made for you on a regular (daily, depending on your settings). This can definitely be beneficial as we all know that things just tend to happen, unfortunately! You will never have to fear losing all of your data.
- Performance checks are always done on your website. You will be able to see what is potentially hurting your website – maybe it’s a plugin that has lost the support of the developer. Whatever the case you will be aware of the situation and be able to handle it before it creates problems.
You can view Shared Hosting as a fast-food restaurant while Managed Hosting would be a 5-Star Restaurant. The 5-Star Restaurant is going to be costly but trust that they will lay out the red carpet for you so to speak. You are paying for an experience.
2. Call The Hosting Provider
This is probably one of the most important things you can do when choosing a WordPress Hosting Provider. Once you find one that you are wanting to purchase, find their customer service number and give them a call.
When you are calling them you are looking for a few things:
- How quickly will they answer the phone? – This is important because this will tell you how long they will take to answer the phone when and if a problem arises in the future.
- How knowledgeable are they on the services they have to offer? – You can always tell when someone is just reading from a manual or if they truly know what they are talking about. If they have to place you on hold and ask others about THEIR services then chances are that they are not the right ones for you.
- How would you rate their customer service? – This too is important, I mean let’s face it, no one wants to do business with rude people.
3. Compare Hosting Features With Another Top Tier Providers
This one may seem obvious but another key thing to do is compare between 2 or multiple choices that you have found. You want to be sure to see who offers the most at the best price. There may be things that one offers that another one doesn’t. There also may be things that are offered by one hosting provider that doesn’t really fit your business needs. Do they have a referral program that could potentially save you money in the long run? Do they offer unlimited SSL’s for all the sites you host with them? These are just a few of the questions you can ask yourself along with a representative at their customer service number.
These are just a few key things that we find can be helpful when looking to purchase a new WordPress Hosting Service and we hope these can assist you in your search 🙂